Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's Blueberry Season

Blueberry season means blueberry yarn!


I have finished spinning 8oz of Blueberry Merino/Tencel that will be knitted into a nice scarf very soon. (VERY soon) I washed it around 11 PM last night and hung it on my kitchen cabinet knobs to dry. That wasn't going over too well with DH so I used a tree in the backyard for a bit.





Except for a small piece of about 30 yards, all of it is really consistent. It is well balanced and hangs in a nice loop, as it should. The 30 yards was from when I first started and I decided that that was a bit too fine so I went a wee bit thicker. I'm really, really happy with the finished 338 yards of this. I just don't understand why the yardage is so skimpy when it's homespun. I didn't measure WPI yet but this is probably a normal light worsted sized yarn. It's SOOOOOOOO soft and silky. I wish it would dry already though!

I'm in spinning bliss right now. Now, let's whip out the new strawberry colored fiber and......

No comments: