Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

K2, P2 Cast On

Even though I haven't been actively knitting as much the past few days, I did finish up the sleeves on the shawl collar sweater. I used normal long tail cast on on them. It's always bothered me how ugly the edge of that is when you use ribbing so I started thinking about a way to cast on 'in pattern' the way that you can cast off in pattern.
Lo and behold, there I was one morning, reading one of Elizabeth Zimmerman's books and she talked about the k2, p2 cast on. So, I figured I'd try it. It's ingenious! It worked great and it'll work even better when I try it on socks.
That's the bottom edge of the sweater. Pretty, isn't it? No bumps on the knit stitches that don't belong there.

I googled it and found this link on Purlwise's Blog.


Try it out on some scrap yarn and knit a few rows. It's fun and I'm so happy that I learned another cast on.

Here's another shot of how the front and back look from further away. This is a light gray and charcoal combo sweater. Check out that lovely ribbing again! Wrong side on top, right side on bottom.

In other news, DD turned 5. :(

I can't believe it's been five whole years with my little bundle of love. I remember when I brought her home from the hospital and my neighbor said, "You don't know what love is until you have a child". And I completely understand that now.

My friends at work told me:

"A daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life, a son is a son until he takes a wife. "

I say, "I am raising my daughter to be a responsible member of society. I am raising my son to be...well, MY son."
So, shoot me. He'll be a mama's boy.

No comments: