Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

What a Week!

As some of you know, I have been knitting in the Solid Sock KAL on Ravelry. I started my peach pair of Milanese Lace on February 2nd all set with the intention of finishing within a week.
It's been a rough month. I did work on them and they're finished today, 26 days later; however, not without a war wound. These socks just weren't meant to be.
First, a broken needle.
Then, I couldn't find the matching wooly nylon which I had to use on sock 2 being I used it on sock 1.
Then, the directions being wrong for the lovely eye of partridge heel I wanted to do.

Then, I accidentally put a twistie in the microwave. Did you ever read that metal in the microwave causes a fire? Well, it's true. I burned a nice hole in my left thumb the size of a pencil eraser. Major delay of game.


Then, we were fooling with the furn-a-kit hutch; changing it into a coffee table. Great idea until we had a small mishap and DH put his end in first and it gouged a piece of my left index finger out. Yep...1" long and 1/4" wide. That'll probably leave a nice scar.
Thing I learned this month: NuSkin really works!

Then..finally, I was on the foot of sock 2....then the toe this morning...and voila!






That's my lovely sock and a nice close-up of the pattern. I love them. Let's see if they grow when I wash them.
Hoping for better things in March. Color is GREEN!
Can I knit Green Socks or what??

No comments: