Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Nearly April!

It's nearly April and I haven't blogged. I must pay more attention to this!
I've been swamped at home, at work and at knitting and spinning.

My burn injuries really caused a delay with Embossed Leaves. Work has been busy and I'm exhausted all the time. I can't do this change of clock thing at all! I have been doing some more spinning and a little bit of knitting and I even started a baby blanket today!


Weekend UPDATE!
I've been spinning my alpaca/dorsett on my Lendrum and I'm amazed at how much my spinning is improving. It really does take awhile and I have a long way to go but I am happy with my progress lately. I feel like I made a step, jumped to a new level. We'll see how I feel after I ply this...and actually knit a shawly/scarfy thing (pattern tbd) out of it.
I've been knitting Embossed Leaves for a few March KALs and I'm hoping that I am able to finish it up. I think that I will but we'll see. Burning a hole in my thumb slowed me down major big time. I have sock 1 down and I'm about 1/3 of the way through sock 2.























Here's a peak at what I've done so far. Thi is nice, Knitpicks Essentials, Kettle Dyed Yarn - Ivy. Works well with the pattern.
My friend is adopting a baby girl (yay!) and I'm making a baby blanket. I just started it today. Nothing really to discuss or even see yet! Let's call it the PinkaBoo Blanket. It's made out of Cotton Fleece Pink A Boo!













I am liking the Cotton Fleece yarn now that I'm using wooden needles. The yarn didn't work too well with my metal ones....hmmmn...
In other news, Spring sprung...with yet more snow here on Long Island. See the flakes? They were big giant fat ones and it snowed long and hard and even stuck a bit to the grass. Like, a squall went through. It was weird because it was about 40 degrees and snowing HARD. All snow, too, none of that rain smoosh mixed in.








For now, I leave you with this picture of my little boy, who turned seven on 3/13 (Friday, the thirteenth!) who is asking, "Is it spring? Do we get a snow day?"

No comments: