Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, 2010 is well underway. This is the year that everyone is calling a 'Fresh Start". Let's not miss 2009 at all. The economy is so bad but I'm thankful for what I have, my health, my family and we're both working.

I've really been neglecting my blog, my photography, even my knitting to some degree. I have spun a bunch though! Over the past few months, I have actually some FOs...

Two pairs of socks are done. (I actually made three but .. more on that later.)


This is Charlene's Bluebell Rib. An easy pattern, good TV Knitting. Very nice in STR Goody Goody Lightweight. I made them during some of the world series.



Next up, we have Cauchy, a beautiful unisex pattern by none other than Cookie A., available in Sock Innovation. I love these and they fit me but I made them for hubby who loves them, too....sadly. I also knit a pair of socks for my son in a powder blue STR but I can't seem to find them! AND, they've never been documented in Ravelry. I've been neglecting that as well; however, I'm going to try and get back into shape and update things that need updating.


Speaking of getting back into shape, I'm weight watching and doing quite well. I even joined the Weight Watcher group on Ravelry. It's been nearly three months and I have lost 14 lbs. I'm thrilled! More knitting and spinning, less eating. This is part of the reason that I've been neglecting things. I have been spending the mornings on the treadmill and not on the computer or at the wheel...Also, I was getting up before 6 but since around Thanksgiving time, I've been utterly exhausted. This year has been a rough year at work, I've been working my tail off and put in a lot of time during the last 6 weeks of the year. Only now do I actually feel recovered from the end of the year work. So, I'm trying to go back to getting out of bed at 5:45 and getting on the treadmill and getting knitting and spinning in before work!

I've decided that my knitting olympics project is going to be Kiri, a shawl. I just haven't chosen what to knit it out of. I have 486 yds of Reynolds Soft Sea Wool in a nice Cherry Red color in my stash and I am wondering if that is enough. I would like to have hand spun something suitable; however, I haven't spun anything or enough of anything that would be lace or fingering weight other than the beautiful camel that I have been working with. I also have some Yak/Merino on the bobbin but I don't know if this is Yak worthy. That fiber is just special to me for some reason and I am not sure that I want it to be a shawl. Mostly because of the color. It doesn't look like it would make an interesting shawl. I want an ecru, cherry blossom or maybe a Dream in Color Smooshy color. I am afraid to use DIC Smooshy because it grows and I could wind up with a gown. Also, it's nearly torch time, I MUST decide!!!! I think that the Reynolds isn't enough. Other users of fingering yarn for this used about 600 yards. What to do other than buy yarn?

More later...off to the Blue Moon website...sigh...

No comments: