Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Knitting Update - The Blunder Edition

Being we were celebrating the clearing off of the junk on the kitchen table, I decided that today I would assemble the pieces of my Shawl Collar Sweater. Remember it? I started it in October of 2008, had a fight with the directions, put it in the bag for a year, just took it out to finish and ...it was all set to be seamed up. I knit the lovely collar on it last Saturday, all those short rows, big needles, went relatively fast. I was SO HAPPY that it was done. All I had to do was seam the shoulders, sides and sleeves, block and go. YAY!

Today, being I'm off for a week, I took it out to do a bit of seaming in daylight. I beautifully finished one shoulder and sleeve cap seam. Loved it.
Then, when I turned around to do the other side.....

Egad, all those stitches are sorta curved into the collar instead of going straight up the front. Who knit that??!! Furthermore, how on earth could I do that and not notice??? I picked up the stitches and vaguely remember carefully marking it all out and STILL I messed up.

To the pond the collar goes...this is all going back in the bag until I finish my lovely shawl. SIGH.

No comments: