Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, Snow and More Snow

We were able to not get snow last Saturday but we were hit by latest blizzard and received a bunch of snow. I don't know what the official amount was but it was certainly more than a foot. It was up to my knees in the backyard and it's partially fluffy and partially wet.

The kids were ecstatic to have a snowday and didn't care too much that it was cutting into their Memorial Day vacation. That would be the one where I was planning on taking extra time and doing Ocean City, Maryland....In fact, they had TWO snowdays. Plus, they're getting so big...sigh...my babies aren't babies any longer. Today she told me that she doesn't like Hello Kitty as much because it's 'baby-ish'. :(



I love the way the snow looks agains the blue sky and I couldn't resist using the macro lens.





There may be more snow on Monday! I hope we get 10 feet.

On the knitting front, I finished this pair of socks way back when. I know I used size 2 needles, Socks that Rock Midsummer's Night in lightweight and it's a Schurch pattern but I can't remember which one. I absolutely adore this colorway and may make him another pair from the leftovers. I'll remember or look in my notebook and then put it on Ravelry.





He picked out the yarn at Rhinebeck but I happened to have some in my stash so I got something else instead, one of the Raven ones, then, I knit these for him. I love, love, love them! They look good with anything.
Last week, I decided on my Ravelympics project: Kiri Shawl. It's a challenge for me because I haven't done too much lace knitting and I have never made a shawl. I was drawn to pink for some reason, a color I rarely wear. I bought 3 skeins of STR lightweight in Rosebud. Much to my dismay, one of them had a knot in it. I HATE that. You pay all this money for yarn and then they give you the dregs?
Any ol' way, I wound up two balls and will swatch tonight with size 7 needles to see how it goes. To pass the time in the meanwhile, I decided to knit a Clapotis. I am one of the few people who actually haven't knit one. It's a really fun pattern, very interesting and very easy. Piece of cake, in fact but the end result is very nice. I'm trying to stay away from socks and stay away from green so I chose Navy Blue for a change of pace. I'm about a third of the way done and will put it down to knit the Kiri and pick it back up if I finish Kiri in time, which I do expect to, of course. I will use lifelines, just in case. No need to have to rip and rip if I .... darest I say it? Make a mistake.
On the UFO front, thankfully, I have very few of these, I picked up the Shawl Collar Sweater. It is just about finished, just sewing it together now. Stupid directions. I will have pictures of it and the Clapotis next time. Then, I'll have a blocking party. Shawl Collar Sweater, Pink-a-Boo blanket, Clapotis and Kiri. YAY!

No comments: