Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Baby Cable Rib Socks

We have a Mudslide! Yay!! Yippee!! They're done!!







Pattern: Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Start Date: 2/22/2008
End Date: 3/23/2008
Yarn: Socks that Rock - Mudslide
Needle: Knitpicks Options, size 1. 2.25mm
Cast on: 56 sts

Socks for Easter!

I knitted these two at once through the leg, which could've been a tad longer. Then, I did the forethought heel. It wasn't all that bad at all and if you've never tried it, it seems that you sail through the heel very, very quickly. Once you have the provisional cast on done and you start knitting around, all it is a toe. You knit a toe only it's a heel. Isn't that cool? Then, you unzip the provisional cast on and boom, you pick up a few sts so you don't have a gap and boom, you're at the foot. The top sock was knitted first and I didn't do as well in not messing up the pattern of the yarn. I just couldn't get it through my head, "There isn't a gusset, you do-do". Then, I got it. It's pure and simple and sock #2 came out better, less interruption of the pattern.

I colored eggies with the little bunnies last night....


Ah, it's Easter, just passed the vernal equinox and the full moon. I got up early trying to catch the Easter bunny! I didn't see him but I did see the full moon peeking through the clothesline in the neighbor's yard.






Two tired kiddies...they'll sleep well tonight!







Keep an eye out for my next project! I think I'll surprise you.

No comments: