Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Art of Knitting 4 Kids

I picked up this great DVD today at my LYS. It's for ages five plus and my son is just 5. He watched some of it and said, "I could do that." So, I casted on a few stitches and away he went. We then ran out to A.C. Moore where he picked out some crayon colored Red Heart Yarn and short needles and he proceeded to knit! Back and forth in rows, evenly! I had to watch to make sure that he was consistent and he had a little trouble turning his work at first but after row three, pretty much smooth sailing!


Here he is, deep in thought when he first started out. The video has a little boy teaching the basics. There is also a short video of a lamb getting stuck under a fence to help teach the kids to memorize the steps. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but from what I've seen, it's great!


















And then, a short time later, he had done this! I had tears in my eyes! My little boy has discovered his talent! Maybe he'll grow up to be a famous fashion designer or something! He has 25 sts in a row on the kiddie needles and I did the first row. I coached after that but he pretty much did this on his own. I helped to make sure that he was doing it right but he nailed this. What a great video!













oh...and, uh...,here's a picture of my sock.....
and, I think bedtime is going to be a little bit of a problem...........

No comments: