Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Early Morning Update

Well, it's 6:05am and I am having an exciting morning doing laundry and maybe even a little knitting on my second dark pink ribbed sock. Yes, you guessed it, I have completed pink sock number 1. In fact, I have almost finished two pairs of socks in about two and a half weeks. I am just itchin' to start my socks that rock. First though, I think I am going to finish my UFOs. I have a hooded raglan for Daniel that needs a sleeve and a hood and a baby blanket that needs about four more inches. I could do that watching American Idol if I can stay awake that long tonight. So, one and a half sock feet, a sleeve, a hood and four inches and it's time for socks that rock!

The Wonderful Wallaby project will probably not begin until the fall but we'll see how I feel. I can't imagine having a giant man sized hot sweater in my lap in June but we'll see. It looks like it'll be fun to knit. Maybe I'll make an itty bitty one for one of the new babies that are arriving on my block. There are three in the works. One in June (that's the one that's getting the blanket) another one in June for the newbies on the block and another one in October. The October one is really in for a treat. Like me, she has a puppy. Puppies and babies leaves tons of free time for oneself, as you can easily imagine.

Ta Da! Here's my Dark Pink Ribbed Sock number one:

Here's Cherry Tree Hill PURPLE yarn picked out by my daughter:












To tell you the truth, I wasn't too pleased with the purple but now it's growing on me. I could also get four socks or more out of that being she has little tiny baby feet.

On the pink sock, it was the first time that I reinforced the toe and heel and I used wooly nylon. It's good! Not too bad to work with at all. I thought that it would be a little smoother but it's kinda 'sticky', it clings to the yarn. Looks kinda nice, too.

I also have a nice ball of Trekking Tweed that would make nice man socks...but I am not starting anything new until I finish all my UFOs.

Time for coffee and time to rouse the hubby to send him off to work.

No comments: