Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Socks, Socks, Socks!

I am still sick. This is getting to be ridiculous.

Enough complaining, let's get to the meat of this post and play with my socks, socks, socks!!

TA DA!! Stuff that's DONE!

Anyway, I've got some nice pictures to show you. First up, FOs. The Jaywalkers! Pay no attention to the bathrobe covering the legs there. I told you I was sick. Also, I finished them around midnight so I was all set for bed! YAY! TWINS! Aren't they lovely? I liked them more after they were completed.





Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina!
Started: July 5, 2007
left to age properly for months
Completed: November 17, 2007
Magic Looped, two at once
Knitpicks - Size 1.5
84 sts casted on, I enlarged the pattern but didn't really need to-heels and toes reinforced wth wooly nylon. I used blue and you can see it a little around the heel. This stuff is great! I have enough to last my entire lifetime now.
Yarn: Austerman Step.

Next up, the Spindle socks for DH.


Pattern: Spindle from More Sensational Knitted Socks
Started: October 15, 2007
Completed: November 16, 2007
Magic Looped, two at once
Knitpicks - Size 1.5
70 sts casted on

Yarn: Dale of Norway, Baby Ull that I bought in Saratoga!
Heels and toes were reinforced with wooly nylon in black, can you see it?
Comments: ahh! Soft like a baby's ear!

Note on these: I had less than NINE YARDS left when I completed these. WHOA BABY! And they're not really that big. They're not snug, they're really just right. That lovely yarn went fast!

Oh, and what have we here? This is my latest endeavor, Stansfield #16 from More Sensational Knitted Socks, Knitpicks Options size 1.5 (that would be a 1 but I call them 1.5, they're the 2.50 mm ones.) 64 sts cast on, STR in Ruby Slippers. I started these on November 19th. I love the colors but I am not crazy about the striping of this yarn. Being anal, I divided the ball and made it match.. somewhat...


Well, it's Thanksgiving Eve, time to pack up the kiddies and take them to work with me for a special event!

No comments: