Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wavy Done :( and House Hat Beret Started

Well, I finished Wavy. I'm not happy with it because I ran out of yarn with just about 4 rows to go. I've casted off and I doubt anyone will notice...except me. It was supposed to be a gift and maybe now it'll just be mine.
BAD picture, BAD project. I'm going to either get new lighting or do this in a lighter color next time. Lotsa problems seeing the stitches.

Pattern: Wavy, from knitty.com
Cascade 220 Superwash Wool - Burgundy
Needle: Knitpicks Options, size 8
2.09 skeins would be needed for me to finish this properly.
Start Date: 1/4/08
End Date: 1/12/08

On a happier note, I starte House Hat - Beret from Charmed Knits last night. It's cake and I did this much:


Pattern: House Hat - Beret from Charmed Knits
Plymouth Encore color 1014 - Butternut and 0999 Burgundy
Needle: Knitpicks Options, size 5+6 (down one from the pattern
Start Date: 1/13/08
Then, I decided that it was a tad too big. So, I...
ripped it ALL out and had little balls of Gryffindor all over the place.


Then, I got up early to watch the weather because I have such an exciting life and I reknit it. Now it looks like this:
She's yelling Gryffindor, as if she has just been sorted.
I have to finish this today, she "really, really wants" it. Then, Beanie for DS and Harry Potter scarfs to match. I don't think I have enough yarn for all that but MAYBE. We'll see. Don't want to run out again.
Well, time to play on ravelry for a few minutes.

No comments: