Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Butterfly Bows Socks and Reflections

I finished one of the Butterfly Bows socks yesterday. I usually knit two together, magic loop, but this ball was wound up already and I was too lazy to separate. Also, it was a solid color, it's CTH so there's tons of yardage and they're kid socks. No chance that I'll run out of yarn.

Awful lighting makes for awful picture. They're deliberately big, you can see that from the picture at least. There's plenty of length and width and ankle room in these for her to grow. She can wear them this year but they'll fit better next. You can sort of make out the butterflies. This is a cute pattern and I've seen it in variegated yarn, too. It works. Only things that I knit in variegated yarn look ugly. It's in the book Socks, Socks, Socks but I've seen a free version on the web here. The free version doesn't have a chart and isn't as detailed but this isn't a difficult pattern. It's quite cute and DD loves it. She was running around with one sock on yesterday.

I promise, better pictures when I'm done. I think I'm coming out of my knitting rut and I am going to whip out the Shawl Collar Sweater and finish that up, too!

Ok, so time to reflect on my resolutions for 2009.

1. Eat better, exercise more, lose weight. This is usually number one but I have been a good girl lately. Let's say, exercise at least three times a week with some form of aerobic plus yoga or strength. I must keep this up.

2. Take out my sewing machine more often and attempt to make some clothes for the kids. Even if its summer clothes. It would help the budget and I would learn a new craft.

3. Although I'm generally organized, I'd like to improve on that. Organize my craft stuff, my paperwork, keep the house neater.

4. Part with some JUNK that has found its way into my house and doesn't want to leave. Clear it out, I won't miss it.

5. Keep learning to spin, it's fun!

No comments: