Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I really enjoy blogging. I really enjoy Facebook. I really enjoy Yahoo groups. Is this why I have no time?

My computer is taking over my life and sometimes its overwhelming. Check mail, pay bills, play on Ravelry, update projects, see what my 51 intimate friends are all doing on Facebook, read more e-mail, play in Yahoo Groups, oh yeah....and blog.

I have to give it a rest every once in awhile.

However, it is time for an update. I finished my Variation on a Theme Koolhaas hat for hubby.

It took me awhile to knit this. The pattern doesn't go all that fast, it's cables, my left twist is wrong but the pattern that I made is perfectly acceptable so I left it as is. I made this out of Cascade 220 wool in typical man color, gray. The fit is perfect. I started on 11/5 and I finished 12/14. What's wrong with me? Sheesh, way too long for a little tiny hat.

I've been playing with my spinning wheel and I'm producing usable yarn now. More photos coming but here's a sneak peak:

This is some two ply plain undyed Corriedale.

There are some uneven spots, which is to be expected, but I've really gotten ALOT better since I first tried this. I have some more to show you as well as some lovely fiber that I bought (guess which color?) I am currently spinning up some lemon lime worsted weight. Not a particular favorite color of mine but DD loves it. It appears to be quite good and even so I'm thinking about making her a scarf out of it. A scarf is boring to knit but I'll have enough of this stuff for a scarf and hat and I can use the scarf for the gauge and actually use this stuff up. It's coming out...even.
Last night was spinning and I had so much fun although I ate too many sweets at the little party.
Time to do some work but stay tuned for an update on my projects!

No comments: