Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon...

I haven't been posting all that much. I've been playing on Facebook, playing with my spinning wheel, sleeping for a change, playing Wii Fit in the mornings, playing on the treadmill, attending cub scout meetings, attending parent teacher conferences, and wrapping it up for the end of the year at work. I haven't even been knitting all that much but will be picking it up full force now that the holidays are rapidly approaching and rapidly going away. Time just flies.


Alright, I will follow the flock and post this as well before it gets old and stale like the socks I'm working on for 11 months....



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I use wrapping paper almost exclusively.


2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. I love everything about real except the mess. We had real for a few years here and there growing up and they were memorable. I feel bad that a tree should be sacrificed though....

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually the weekend after New Year's. It's big and in the way and I really want it down sometimes.

5. Do you like eggnog? I love egg nog! Whipped in the blender with a little bit of vanilla ice cream. Then, float some more vanilla ice cream on top. Then, a bit of rum and topped off with nutmeg. YUM!!! Now, that's Christmas!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year I got a real wooden cradle. I wish I still had that! I also remember really wanting and getting the game Quick Shot.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father in law. Oddly, because he could use alot of things. Next year, I'll knit him some socks.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother in law. She likes all the things that I like and I guess that's why Mr. Right married me!


9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I haven't put it out because its about 40 years old and belonged to my parents, who are deceased. I am afraid the kids will play with it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...exclusively.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Once my mother gave me a really nice black shirt with gold trim. I hated it because it was polyester and drove my skin crazy.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Movie...I like the original Christmas Carol alot. The 1938 one. I like that story alot, too. I also like The Santa Clause. I always make it a point to watch the ones from my childhood but I wouldn't define them as "Movies". My favorites are Rudolph and The Grinch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I try to start in September and in 2009 I will start in August. I'm glad that I waited a bit this year because things really dropped in price as gas went down. Also, many of the stores had big incentives.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, never.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Favorite? Favorite what? Food? Cookie? Lasagna for Christmas is nostalgic for me. I like that alot. I also like Chocolate cookies with a little confectioner's sugar on them. Particularly the little cookie cutter trees. And, those chocolate stars, with the little dots on them. They come in a big box.

16. Lights on the tree? Hell no, we use candles. Of course I put lights on the tree! There are people that don't do that??? I don't like when they flash and I've been skipping the garland, makes me think of Saturday Night Fever, chrome things from the 70's and beauty salons.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I have two. First is Nat King Cole, "The Christmas Song" and second is the best singer ever to walk, Judy Garland, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Ones that make me think of being a child at Christmas time are anything by Nat, Frank, Dean and Bing and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. I really like to be in my house, with my tree, and I really prefer to host Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Comon, can't everyone do that? I can even name the Seven Dwarves and know Rudolph's Girlfriend's name! These are important pop culture and holiday facts!

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
My mother used to give us Christmas PJs every year and we were allowed to open that on Christmas Eve so we'd look gorgeous for the pictures. I don't do that with my kids. We open Christmas morning here. They look like ragamuffins in the pictures.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
I detest buying Christmas presents, honestly. I don't mind making them throughout the year though. Honest, I like Christmas alot but I hate the shopping. I really don't even want gifts. I hate the hassle and just like the time of year and the way evergreen smells and spending time with family and friends. I hate being solicited via e-mail, 4700 catalogs a day, people trying to spray me with perfume in the store, crowds, lousy parking. Yeech!

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like my Lenox ornaments. I have ones for first Christmas with my husband, one for each child and one of the Grinch. I love them very much and they're creamy ivory with Christmas trim gold and red and green.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I already got it - a Lendrum Spinning Wheel. Just need the bag....

24. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel, DD puts that up on top every year because she's the peanut; the youngest gets to do that.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner?
Again with the favorites.....I like having Italian food for Christmas, especially lasagna. I like stuffed mushrooms. For Christmas Eve, I like doing the fish thing. For several years, I have been spending Christmas with my husband's family and they're not Italian and don't do that. Now that we have limited family nearby, I may get my way and do the fish thing. Maybe we'll make something really good...shrimp stuffed with crabmeat, anyone?

Tomorrow, I may have a knitting and spinning update for you so stay tuned! For now, enjoy some holiday eye candy.


First Snowfall ~12/07/2008~

No comments: