Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Blanket Update

Where has the time gone? I haven't posted anything in a week and I've been working on things full steam ahead! Spinning has been going well. I was able to spin the autumn covered roving into a nice thin yarn.

Now that I'm spinning more evenly and have some better control over thickness, I purchased a fast flyer. It didn't arrive yet. This is all plied and washed and ready to go but it hasn't been to its photoshoot yet.

As a matter of fact, neither has the baby blanket, which is going swimmingly as well! I am probably at the halfway point or just a little further and it is beautiful.

In other news, I do have some nice pictures for you to see. Spring has finally sprung here, at least for a few days. It's not even spring, it's summer. We went to the North Shore of Long Island yesterday for a cub scout trip to Garvies Museum. It was 86 degrees there but barely got over 73 down here on the south shore due to the sea breeze. I took a few nice shots.


The boys, accompanied by my DD as honorary sibling, went on a nature walk through the woods and then down to the beach. There, they learned about the glacier, the ice age, and how the boulders got there. They also learned about how the Native Americans used the clay deposits to make pottery. DS was able to find a nice vein of clay and proceeded to dig in it.

I was proud of him for making his sister get into the act and get equally dirty. It was fun though. It was really the second nice day of spring, slightly hazy on the water but all in all a good day. It's early in the morning and I'm in shorts and a tank top. The temperature is supposed to go pretty high today as well. Two more days of this and we'll probably be back to autumn again...we'll see.
Well, off to start the day, tons of errands to do!

1 comment:

JessaLu said...

very pretty singles!!