Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Knitting Dilemma

Well, Stansfield #12 is now behind us. I had started working with my STR Ruby Slippers and had about 3" worth of Stansfield #16 but I sent it off to the frog pond. I started a monkey sock in CTH Old Rose last night, I did the ribbing and 22 rounds. Beautiful. Then, I had another knitting injury. I was using my size 0's Knitpicks. They're really tiny. Tiny enough that this was going to come out too tight. I didn't care, I was whaling away at the speed of light! I can't find the new ones, so why not use the small ones? Then, a mishap. You know, these Knitpicks needles are really sharp. Perhaps..too sharp? Well, I stuck it through the tip of my right index finger. A hole. Impaled. As DD would say, "I got blood". It is a tiny hole but those tiny holes hurt the most. OK, that gave me some time to rip that out. I want to make Monkey socks but I don't have a solid color wound up. I do have another order in with Bluemoon and I think I have some nice solids coming. I also have CTH Burgundy in my newly enhanced stash. Just not enough solids there! I am starting to like the solids more lately.

So, what to do?

I took out my yarn pail and went though it. I have CTH Burgundy, Lorna's peach (that is really pink) and a CTH teal. I also have Lorna's Douglas Fir which would be nice in keeping with the season. I have to look in the morning . . after my wound heals a bit.

Mail has been slow. Tomorrow, I will send out my Christmas cards. At least I'll be doing something on time. We may make some more soap.

In the meantime, I'll search the web for new sock patterns to inspire me and work on Iris Afghan tonight.

1 comment:

Elizzabetty said...

You've ordered more STR? Oh, my...