Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Yarn Harlot's New Contest

I can't believe it. Stephanie has done it again. She's having a new contest where we and our socks get to stalk politicians/heads of state for charity. Check it out here. This is hysterical. I can't see Prince Charles holding a half knitted Embossed Leaves.

In my line of work, I have seen many, many people in person. Davy Jones, Frankie Valli, David Dinkins, Jack Klugman, Ed Koch, Dan Rather, Lucille Ball, Harry Connick Jr., Eve Plumb, JFK Jr, Ted Kennedy, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Maureen McCormick, Bill Clinton and George Bush and many others. I haven't been close enough to any of the politicians to have the opportunity to ask, "Would you please pose with my Cherry Tree Hill?" but I have spoken to many of the others.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have. I once saw Teddy and Pat Moynihan once and would've had the opportunity. They were strolling along 52nd street, alone, mere feet from me on their way to lunch at the 21 Club. I could've easily asked them to pose with a sock. This was many moons ago though....

Hmmn...I'm taking my camera with me today, how about you?

No comments: