Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tidal Waves and Las Vegas

First off, my latest FO:

Pattern: Textured Rib
Yarn: STR, Black Onyx Lightweight
Needles: Knitpicks Options, size 1 2.25mm, magic looped
64 sts casted on.
Started: March 23, 2008
Finished: April 9, 2008

I finished them Thursday night and they're great. Remind me not to work with Black Yarn until I move to Alaska and decide to knit socks...in June...This is really hard on the eyes and had they been another color, I would've finished them days earlier.

So, I put down my Waving Lace, sadly. I picked up Pebble Beach and started the Tidal Wave socks. This pattern is cake, no purl stitches and goes nice and fast. I wound the ball up and this time I'm knitting one at a time. Not sure if this is going to be a mistake or not.....It's kinda weird that beginning of the row isn't where you would think it would be. I took this shot at the end of the fourth (I think....you know I can't count rows/repeats very well...) repeat and the tail is now in the middle of the row. The marker was placed at the start of the round and it's moving. Everything is moving...ebb and flow...in and out. This is a really neat pattern. There aren't any purl stitches and every other row is knit. Sort of like the Eleanor pattern with a nice twist to it. The pebble beach yarn is made up of the most lovely beachy colors. I will certainly photograph these in the sunlight ... or even on the beach. We'll see. I'm somewhat happy with the way the colors are playing out, not pooling like in RPM. A spiral would actually be desirable with this pattern, it keeps the motion of the ocean going. I haven't tried them on. They're a perfect gift for my sister in law who loves the beach, goes nearly everyday and even surfs. She skis too. These will make nice skiing socks.



In other news, my sonny boy hit a milestone the other day. I don't have a great picture of it yet though. Naturally, I cried...he's really growing up so much.
Here he is nearly crashing into our neighbor's car.

I took him over to the church parking lot, took off the training wheels and off he went. He was so pleased with himself. He started jumping up and down, "It's awesome! I did it!! I am so awesome!!" Now, the worries start, bike, bigger bike, car, girlfriend (OMG!!), college, wife, kids...

Oh, the title of this post is sorta weird...I'm going to Las Vegas tomorrow morning for work. I thought it would be cool to take the socks with me and hopefully photograph them shooting craps or something like that. ;)

I may take Waving Lace with me and make it out of a different yarn....just for, variety. It's a long plane ride, too. Plus, I'll be travelling alone this time. I need to get some good blog fodder to entertain myself.

1 comment:

Elizzabetty said...

Lovely socks, as always.

Have a great trip to Vegas! Hope you're going to blog on the road!