Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's my birthday today and I'm feeling old. This is an 'over the hump' year. the hump years are the ones you feel, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, etc. Sigh...
Well, on a happier note, I'm nearly done with the poncho. I have to stitch the casing closed, steam edges flat and do the fringe. The parts that take forever, non-knitting. Here's how it looks now, using ecstatic DD as the model.


This kid is such a ham. She loves to play piano and sing. When she was two and a half, she stood up on top of a flat rock in a park upstate and gave a concert to about 30 people. Perhaps she's destined for stage fame?
Anyway, the yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport, Iris Garden. If you look very closely, you'll see how I was working with two balls throughout and there's a line on the back. I don' think that I am going to do that next time. It's very curly at the edges, even with three rows of garter stitch. Requires a little steam to flatten it out, then the fringe. That's going to be hard to do, being I have two kids a puppy around who will love to play with strings. Plus, I'm tired. I'll try and sew down the casing today so I feel like I've done something.
Today, it's gorgeous out. It's only 66 degrees, clear, dry, beautiful. It's a nice day for me to eat ice cream cake. Next week is vacation, after that, completely back on track with diet. I have to get Nutrisystem to send me another bear and that's 10 pounds away.
I've once again picked up my Jaywalkers. They're so nice. I had gotten the gusset decreases nearly done when I decided I didn't like the way it looked so I un-knit 18 rounds....yes, I'm particular. I reknit it yesterday and sock 1 is ready to rest while I catch up sock 2. They'll both be on one circ for the foot. That's today's goal. To have them on one circ by bedtime tonight. It is not looking good. The house is a mess and and I have to get ready for vacation.
Thursday night was knit night at The Village Knitter. Elizzabetty and I attended. I came home with some Tofutsies as a souvenir and I think that I am going to work that up into my next pair of socks. It's wound so tightly onto the ball yet when you knit with it, it's nice and soft and feels kinda nice. We'll see how much I like it after I use it. I am remembering that I made the bamboo socks and thought that it should've been a tighter rib being the yarn wasn't very elastic. I have visions of that happening with this stuff so a lace pattern is out. We'll see....but that's what's in the bullpen for now.
Tomorrow, I will photograph my growing stash so we could all ogle my new stuff!

1 comment:

Elizzabetty said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Punkin!!!