Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jaywalkers again!

It's nearly mid-week so it's time for the mid week post, sorta. I overslept this morning and I'm thinking that I don't have too much time to knit so instead I will show you my cake and my Jaywalkers. With my 12 megapixels, you can almost taste it. Those chocolate goo things dripping down the sides were particularly delicious and look wonderful on my hips. The Nutrisystem Bear was sitting there frowning at me.

Segue into looking wonderful on my feet, I'm back to finishing up the Jaywalkers. They're my current only project other than sewing together the blue hooded raglan sweater that has been sitting in a plastic bag on my rocking chair upstairs for the entire summer...anyway...


They're still twins but now I'm off by about 18" of yarn. I will try working one sock a little tighter and one a little looser. I am not anal enough to cut out 18" from one and hide the ends. The color changes on the same row, just a few sts apart now, not the same stitch as we had in the beginning. It's time to start yelling "Wire, wire!" Here's another shot of the latest progress:

I have another five or six rows and it'll be time for the toe decreases. Notice brown red, skinny brown then blue around the ankles opposite the heel flaps. I am going to learn how to do the forethought heel next. The one from one of the Charlene Schurch's books, I think Sensational Knitted Socks. I'll practice it on something that isn't so expensive and I'll do it for real on my nice Trekking. Hmmn....It doesn't really look too hard but I'm not up to it right now. I'm just happy that the stripes really do match up nicely. I am also just tickled pink that I'm doing two at once and there is no second sock syndrome. They're both done at the same time. On this pair, I'm considering not reinforcing the toes. I generally don't wear socks out at the toe, just the heel. Plus, I can't finish them at the same time if I do that. I'll think about it today.
Next sock is going to be Sailor's Ribbing from More Sensational knitted Socks in Tofutsies. I expect to finish the Jaywalkers tonight and possibly cast on for the Tofutsies. The (@^! is starting to hit the fan at work, we're nearing busy time and I may be putting in more hours, including some at home but we'll see. No reason for the socks to suffer, right?
These colors are kinda growing on me but they still remind me of a flag that should be in the Olympics from some small country that no one knows of, far far away...But I guess I like them. I think that I'll like them more when it's fall and I'm thinking fall colors. I love fall, it's my favorite season. I am looking forward to playing with my camera alot, taking pictures of leaves and pumpkins and my beautiful kiddies.
Speaking of beautiful kiddies, I am starting to cry every time I think about number one baby, DS, heading out to Kindergarten in only a few short weeks. The Big K. He has his little backpack and his truck lunchbox and all his school supplies and he's ready to go. I don't remember school supplies being a big deal when I was a kid. My mom bought me a red schoolbag (no backpacks back then!) a pencil case and some pencils and a notebook for writing. Nowadays, you invest a small fortune. Our school is smart, they package everything up and shrinkwrap it for you. Every kid has the same thing, the teachers are happy, no one has to shop. I wrote a check to the PTA (only $31) and got a big box of stuff! I'll show you next time!
As for now, it's time to hit the rockpile, there are license plates to be made today!

No comments: