Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Monkeys, a new FO!

They're finally done! I did the gusset and the foot and the toe in record time on the second sock and I like them alot. Well, I like the pattern. I'm not so fond of Lorna's Laces, actually. I think that it needs a smaller needle.

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A - Available on knitty.com - but you know that already. It's so popular, everyone is knitting it!
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock - Peach
Magic Loop Method, one sock at a time
Needle: Knitpicks Size 1 - 2.5
Start Date: 12/7/2007
Finished: 02/08/2008



Like them? I do, too. They're not my favorite though. The Stansfield #12 red ones are my favorite at the present time.

I also started an "Eleanor" sock. It's not as popular as Monkey. It's pretty and it's very simple to knit. I am going to change the pattern to have a left and a right so the lines don't go in the same direction.



Pattern: Eleanor - By Monkey Toes published in Socktopia. This is a free pattern.
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill - Blueberry Hill
Needle: Knitpicks size 1 - 2.25mm
Started: 02/08/08

The kicker, they're a gift for my lifelong friend who happens to share her name with that of the pattern. Notice how nice the k1,p1 ribbing looks in my beloved Cherry Tree Hill as compared to the Lorna's Laces. Also note that I did go down a needle size. (a teeny bit smaller). I was considering using the size 0 here thinking this wasn't going to be too stretchy but this should be ok. The pattern is cake, can knit while sleeping. zzz zzz zzz

Well, that's it for this quicky post. I have to clean the dungeon up a bit! Stay tuned for a Weasley Weekend Update!

No comments: