Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Mudslide Baby Cable Ribbed Socks and a Game for You!

Gee, isn't this what this yarn was supposed to do in the first place? Gee, wasn't the RPM pattern written for this yarn? Gee, did it matter that I used lightweight instead of medium weight or whatever it called for?

How do you like my Mudslides? The stripes are so definitive, this is just crying for a forethought heel, isn't it? I guess I'm going to have to learn how to do that. Soon, too. It's nearly time for the heel already.
Pattern: Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Socks that Rock, Lightweight, Mudslide
Magic Loop, two at once.
Needle: Knitpicks 2.25mm, Size 1.
Cast on: 56 sts.
Start date: 2/24/08
Note: This is more a small/medium sized sock. The recipient is smaller framed and much thinner than I.
Oh, and BTW, you know how I live in a gameshow, right? I bought a new thing. Not really something that one would win on a gameshow.
-----------------------------------------------------
GAME SHOW TIME, can you guess what I bought?
-----------------------------------------------------
I'll give you some hints:
1. It has nothing to do with knitting or crafts that I would do; however, it was made by someone who has to be very much of a master craftsman. (or craftswoman...or craftsperson?)
2. It is energy efficient.
3. It is something that was invented many, many years ago. In fact, something that nearly everyone has had and it's been in existence for probably more than 1000 years.
4. They are available in various materials, plant, synthetic, mineral but the item seldom would be made of more than one of these as its main component.
5. It is silent. If it makes a sound, it would be annoying and you would probably fix it as quickly as you could.
I know you're out there and you lurk and you never leave a comment...comon, take a guess. Answer to be announced in a few short weeks when I will publish pictures of it.
Hmmnn..put on your thinking caps!

No comments: