Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Sheepish Sampler Scarf and the Blind Dragon

Yesterday, I was off from work and yesterday...I was a very bad girl.

Being that DS got the Dragon Scarf, DD, who is completely enamoured with anything resembling a "Lamby", wanted a "Lamby Scarf". She had no school yesterday so I took her to the LYS to pick something out for the Sheepish Sampler scarf. Needless to say, she was between Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and Mirsaol Sulka and Miski. She loves her Lamby because of the way she feels and she wants the scarf to feel the same way. I bought two different types, the Cocoa is Sulka, more bulky weight than worsted but its supposed to be 'Heavy Worsted'. It's 60% Merino, 20% Alpaca and 20% Silk. It isn't twisted and isn't that easy to knit with but makes a divine fabric. The Cream is Miski, which is 100% Baby Llama and is most certainly worsted. I planned to use the Cocoa for the head and feet and ears and hope for the best but that didn't work out. Unfortunately, both of those yarns aren't available in the both of the colors I need. I couldnt' even get black!

So, after working on the head and part of the body, I decided that that wasn't going to work. I wasn't going to turn in my nice yarn at the shop..so I bought more! I got Debbie Bliss Rialto. Three balls in cream and three in chocolate brown. Being my back hurt and I couldn't bring myself to walk on my treadmill, I restarted the scarf. As you can see, I made the right choice.


The stitches in the scarf on the right are much too loose. Better photos are coming on this.

Meanwhile, Dragon is blocked and has stretched to a nice 60" length; however, he's STILL blind.


That's it for now, I have to get to work sometime this morning!