Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Eye Candy Friday - Ocean Spray and Socks on the Beach

Today, we finally made it out to the....





Beach!

The water temperature was nice, 72 degrees. The water is nice and clean and clear, no seaweed and no jellyfish. Look, you can even see that guy's legs through the wave.

And, there were some really awesome waves. (I just love this 4000th of a second shutter speed)

As you can see, I took my camera to ruin it take pictures. The beach isn't the best place to take a nice camera, the salt air and ocean spray work wonders with electronics. Anyway, I had a blast. DS and DD have been bugging me to take them to the ocean for several weeks now. In fact, Little Girl asked if we could go in like..February. Needless to say, they were ecstatic!


We stayed there really long, nearly four hours! I was doing a little knitting when I wasn't watching the kids attempting to drown.

Socks on the Beach!
Pattern: Spring Forward
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy, "Butter Peeps"
Knitpicks Options: size 1 2.25mm
Start date: July 11, 2008

Once again, I put the Ruby Slippers yarn back into the stash bin and I pulled out Dream in Color Smooshy, Butter Peeps. I am making them into Spring Forward. Nice pattern, I have it memorized already and this yarn should work very well with it. So, another new sock project. I normally like to start one sock project and keep it going until its done. I almost never knit two pairs at once but because the baby fern yarn is so dark, I need something with a light color that I can knit at night. (note to self: look into buying a real lamp)
It's getting time for me to feed the kids, they're really tired, which was part of the idea. I have to finish the legs of the socks tonight, you know!
Stay tuned for an update to see if I can do it!

No comments: