Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations of Trekking 126

I couldn't decide what to make next. Now that I'm out of my Knitting Rut that started in November, I wanted to cast on for a new pair of socks today. I really considered making a pair for Ricky; however, the dead of winter made me long for happy colors. Ice Cream makes me happy so why not knit with Ice Cream Colors?



Without further ado, I whipped Trekking 126 out of my stash. I think wound it forwards and backwards, counting and documenting the strange repeats of the colors in an attempt to figure out where to start so that I could match my socks.....First off, my ball was shy 2 grams.
Don't they think that we check this from time to time? Cheapskates.



Then, I realized that maybe I didn't cut it in the right spot. One ball is considerably larger than the other. I was counting the tan caramel color as the point of my repeat but they seem so far apart after I put them side by side.

Hmmn...

There are 109 color changes in my ball. I set up a spreadsheet, counted the times that the caramel tan repeated and divided my ball in half............I think.............


Let's see what happens....


News at 11.

No comments: