Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Visions of Sugarplums?

The other day, the kids asked me about Christmas. My daughter wants a Denali, black. My son wants the world but that's a story for another day.

I turned my back for 10 minutes. After all, he is five. He does understand alot of things. She's only 3 1/2, able to get into things but is basically well mannered and calm. There I was, blogging away and ... all was quiet on the western front. So, I went to the other end of the house...then, what to my wondering eye should appear....but this on the floor of my kitchen:








Isn't that lovely?
It's SUGAR. Dumped on the floor. I flipped. I then went into my sunroom and saw....the attempt at "clean-up". This wasn't an 'accident', it wouldn't have been in two places! What a mess...Like Hansel and Gretel, they left a nice sugar trail to the bathroom where they were experimenting with a new syrup recipe with what was remaining out of the four or so cups that they had dumped on the floor. Sticky counter, sticky floor, and a carpet....I flipped some more. I upset the puppy with my flippin' out ... and ... she couldn't hold it....so we added that to the mess.

Sugar, puppy pee pee, syrup, kids with sugar plum clothing. Time for bath #2 for them both and all day long time out. I told my son that I was calling the bad boy school. This can't be tolerated and he'll be eating gruel, like Oliver, before long. And...cleaning a chimney...I may have to call Nanny 911. They were given their second bath of the day and spent the entire afternoon in full blown time out. We didn't go outside in the beautiful weather other than as necessary.
Let's talk about better things!

Later that day, Lorna's Dora Colors arrived!

They are the same dye lot and doesn't the one on the far right seem to have a deeper purple? It's like that in person as well. I'll be knitting from three balls at once. Should prove interesting.


Also, the 'gray' Cascade for the Wallaby arrived, too! I think that it's kinda greenish, as opposed to grayish in person. I love the color but I'm not certain that he'll love it. I hope so.

Here's a better shot. It matches the greenish half moon in the pattern I chose for my glider. I love the color. It's earthy and mossy and gray and green and natural. Being baby blanket was done, (YAY!) I casted on 180 sts in the round and have 1" of ribbing done. I did that while watching Seinfeld last night in my freshly vacuumed sunroom....
So, 1" of Wallaby done, baby blanket done, blue socks in the works, poncho in the bullpen. (YAY YAY!!)
BTW, I have already knit the two sleeves for the Hooded Raglan. I knit them at the same time so I wouldn't get 'second sleeve syndrome'. Everything is ready to go, pin it, sew it, add the hood. I can probably do that tomorrow while I'm home alone and the pool is going up. (YAY YAY YAY!!!) It still looks kinda small but the pieces are all rolly. I'll have to unroll and pin and see what's what.
I see the Gremlins were at work again, fooling with the date setting on my camera.....

No comments: