Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Friday, May 11, 2007

One Goal...Up?

Well, I spent some more money. I just purchased the Knitting Pure & Simple Hooded Poncho #243 pattern for my daughter as well as Lorna's Lace's Shepard Worsted Iris Garden #12. I'm putting this on my to do list. She'll love the "Dora Colors". I also like Red Rover......



Still working on finishing up my Cherry Tree Hill that I've ripped out a few times.

Cherry Tree Hill Sock #2, restarted:

I've been very tired lately. Too much happening here.

Pool Update: The pool just got delivered today. It's huge! And, it all fits onto a 4x4 pallet. Almost the same size pallet that we'd need for my WIPs....The deck is huge too. It's all one big giant 5.5x16 foot piece of aluminum. I hope the dog doesn't chew the carpet off, I'll be really mad at her for doing that. She will most certainly be inspecting it and will try to eat it. I'm going to have to do something with it, like wrap it in contractor bags.

Kid update: Meanwhile, my son has decided he hates pre-K and he wants to stay home all day, every day with his mommy. He wants to be 'retired'. He never wants to work or do anything. He doesn't want to take piano lessons because he wants to be a bathroom fixer, not a musician. He also wants to be a professional knitter. I was hoping for the Nobel Peace Prize but it seems that his aspirations are not the same as mine. What to do?

The little girl, on the other hand, continues to be Miss Independent. She wants only a few things out of life. A big, black Denali or a Yukon to drive around in and a pocketbook and a poncho. Easy to please.

Both of them want to go to the beach and I think I'm with them. Summer is just around the corner and even though it's only 62 degrees here today, the humidity is like 200%.

Puppy Update: She's booked for boarding when we go on vacation this summer.

Diet Update: Goal hasn't been achieved, I found a pound, darnit.

Sock Update: I have completed the gusset on sock #2 so it no longer looks like that picture above.

Kitchen Update: I have an electrician coming next week to install under the cabinet lighting. I can't find my countertop yet...should I start clearing it off? Just push everything into a pail?

Knitpicks Order Update: I think they sent my Options Needle Set via muletrain. I ordered it on the 2nd and according to tracking, it should've been here yesterday. I seems that it is still sitting in Edison, NJ. Four days in Ohio, two days in Edison, probably one day here on Long Island. When I receive them, they'll have seen more of the country than I have. I e-mailed Knitpicks to inform them that they should look into their shipping methods but haven't received a reply yet.

Wallaby Update: Hello Knitty has my yarn and it's on its way to my house. Wallaby, here we come!

OK, remember, one blanket, one sock, one sweater and that's it. Three projects for the WIP basket at one time. After that, it's too many. The baby blanket (which I still haven't showed you) also had some un-knitting done to it the other day. I am nearly near the cut off point. Like Scheherazade, I must keep you all in suspense as to what the pattern is and what it looks like so you'll come back for more of my antics.

Until next time, let's have another look at Lorna's "Dora Colors".


No comments: