Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Border Patrol and the Seam Police

"oh" - say that in the soft astonishment voice you have. The one Dorothy uses when she lands in the house and murders the Wicked witch of the East.



It's done.


Well, I thought it was. When I went to photograph it this morning, I decided I didn't like that one seam so I opened it up and will fix it tonight when I don't have to get ready for work and I don't have a headache. The Border Patrol and the Seam Police should be happy with this one.

This is for my neighbor. Here's the stats: Yarn: Patons Astra Crochet Hook: Size D (remember: Passion for itty bitty sts...) Date Started: Labor Day Weekend or so... but I put it down to work on other things and did more than half of it the past two days. Pattern: Designed exclusively by me. Yes, if you want the pattern, leave a comment. I will write it out and e-mail it to you. Each ball of yarn made 6 squares and each square measured 5 1/2 inches so you can figure out how much you need if you used Astra. Astra is a sport weight yarn and I've had this in my stash for years. It was left over from a blankie I made for a little girl who is now in sixth grade. I love the border and I think it came out really nice. The recipient of this is due to arrive within two weeks or so.

Next project is a knitted one and I am deciding between three patterns...it'll be white, Cotton Fleece "Cottonball" that is on order and it'll be one piece, geometric. I'm between skinny ribbons, diamonds or squares. In order of current preference, it looks like the diamond pattern is winning. This baby is due Christmas Day.

The Tofutsie socks look the same, by the way.

I'm going to rip out a mistake in my little Wallaby and then restart, just above the ribbing, with the correct number of sts....... I am sorry, it just has to be perfect. This is why I don't sew. note to self: make curtains for sewing practice.

Well, time to get ready for work and rouse the younguns for school. Hope you enjoyed a little crochet in the knitting blog.

No comments: