Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Almost Like Being in Love?

I'm working on the new sock and I'm not sure that I like it. It's STR, Scottish Highlands and the pattern has been changed from Faggot and Cable Stripe to Double Lace Rib from More Sensational Knitted Socks. Why, you ask? Remember what I told you about knitting while tired? Well, I did the wrong ribbing and didn't realize it until I had done 18 rnds so I changed the patter to accommodate the ribbing. I like the pattern, very simplistic but very pretty. I am not in love with this barber shop poll thing going on:
As you can see, it stops at the end where I'm nearly done with the heel flap. I was anticipating the whole sock to come out looking like the heel flap instead of a candy cane but you can't always get what you want. I live in fear that the second sock will in no way match the first. I'm also not sure if this is the same pattern upside down and right up otherwise I would've started from both ends and knitted two at the same time which I believe is the way to go from now on. It looks like it's the same, ... doesn't it? That may've worked. Of course, I am not smart enough to have done a forethought heel to match the stripes...I'm not sure exactly how to do that but will try that very soon. I have that nice trekking and Austermann to work with and they both will stripe so I have to learn that very soon. Maybe even for the very next sock! We'll wait and see what the gusset decreases do to this pattern. Stay tuned for an update.


So, I'm not sure if I love it or not. I do love the colors so, in the spirit of Scottish Highlands, it's Almost Like Being in Love!

In other news, I went to a birthday party yesterday for a friend of mine who is turning 40 tomorrow. I met her when she was in second grade. It was a surprise and she was genuinely surprised. I had alot of fun looking at old pictures, eating too much, you know how it goes. The kids loved it because they got to climb a tree.
In other news, my Lorna's Laces arrived and Elizzabetty will be coming over later for a BBQ and a winding party. I will take pictures to show you the yarn and the food later.

As for now, off to do a few errands. My vacation is over and it's back to making license plates in the morning. The kids will be home with daddy for part of the day and a nanny for the remainder of the day so he can work a bit to support my blossoming addiction.

I am working for FOUR DAYS and then I'm off for another 13 consecutive days. It is more than time to get back to finishing up the Wallaby, setting some goals and finishing up the Brigadoon Socks! Gotta start that poncho, too. All that's been done with that is the swatch and I will have to go up a needle size. We'll be using size 8's and that's what it currently on the Wallaby. Remember the rule, one sock and one sweater at a time or things will never get done.

Updates during the week. Have a wonderful weekend all!

No comments: