Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wallaby Update

Well, the Wallaby rages onward! I have attached the sleeves and now I'm up to the placket. Here's a new picture:
So, what do you think? Only four more rows and I'll be working back and forth in rows because of the split in the neck. Oh boy! Amazingly, I have the correct number of stitches in a round and haven't had to take anything out. Also, I have hidden the scissors in the house so there's no chance of dear daughter trying out her collage skills on the poor thing.
I think that I mentioned before that I was working on the medium. Correction, this is certainly the adult large. I was thinking that it was kind of tiny but now that I'm almost done, it appears to be correct. Maybe because of the way that the underarms just come up so soon. I like this pattern and I'm definitely make another one or another five. It can also be made of cotton for a beach cover-up or for my nieces and nephews who live in the south. Or maybe a cotton blend would be nice for them. Some cotton blend yarn would be economical and provide just the right amount of warmth for those cooler days. Nice Christmas presents, methinks.
I just ordered some DPNs from Knitpicks, along with two extra size one (2.25 and 2.50) circulars for magic looping. It is a real pain when one errs on a sock and there are two on the loop. This will make life much simpler. Until they arrive, Crosshatch Lace is on hold. I'll finish the Wallaby and start the poncho first. And remember, they send the orders from Ohio to NY via mule train..... BUT: They do make a very good product. I love those needles.

It's nearly 7:30 in the morning and I have to get the kids ready for school as well get myself ready so I can't play here any longer. Only one more day of work and taking the kids to work with me and they'll be home for the summer. DH is a teacher and I fortunately don't have the added expense of summer camp. They'll be doing Camp Daddy. Once or twice, here and there, I will need a babysitter but for the most part, he'll be here with them.
Now, today's project, design other Wallabies for my son and my 2 nieces and 2 nephews and also clear off my desk and calendar so I have time to make these things.....
Stay tuned. Next update should include the HOOD! Plus, I have to kitchener the underarms and sew the sleeve seams. Ho humm...boring part.

No comments: