You can't really tell from the photo but I knit the sleeves two at the same time on a circular, flat, not in the round. When I started them, I didn't know how to do two socks on magic loop. It's the same. I'm sure I would've screwed up the increases. But anyway, doing a sleeve seam is no big deal. Now, I am ready to attach them to the body which has finally been nearly completely re-knit thanks to DD and the scissor incident that we don't talk about.
In order to distract her from future surgery attempts, I gave her cupcakes, (the little sheltie that you can see a piece of on the left is going to be 14 in July. She is the best behaved in the entire house.)
The Wallaby seems to be very happy.
So, now, I'll join the sleeve in the round and attach to the body. Of course, I have to re-read the directions because they refer to a red marker and I have no idea of them ever telling me to go out and buy a RED MARKER. I think that I know what I'm doing but I'm not 100% sure. I also recounted all the rows in both sleeves so make sure they'll be the same length and I recounted all the stitches on the body and on the sleeves to make sure that I have the right amount. I think it's 288. Isn't that cool? 288 in one round. That should take me 8 minutes to go around at top speed. I know, I know, I'm weird, I just have to do this math stuff in my head all the time. I make things more involved than they have to be.
We also had a nice little pool party yesterday, despite the chill in the air and the intermittent drizzle, it was great. DS is swimming all alone, unassisted. The water is well over his head. I am very proud of him. He wastes a bit of motion but for the most part, he's doing a great job!
In other news, three more days until I'm on vacation. I have two days home alone, no kids, no hubby. I'll spend them
cleaning out the basement finishing the Wallaby and maybe the crosshatch lace, which I'll show you next time.
Stay tuned for the next update on.........everything!