Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I Think We Can Make It!

I have 1.1 oz left, 30 something grams (I didn't pay attention to this stuff in grade school during the 'go metric' movement) of my STR Rose Quartz left and only a teeny tiny bit of the foot left. Good thing, I would've cried. It seems that the 360 yards should be sufficient for a pair of socks in most cases so maybe I will consider buying more of this yarn. I really am in love with all the colors they have.

And...I'm already planning the next pair of socks. I'm considering a chevron pattern for Scottish Highlands....but that's subject to change.

These MAY get finished today / tonight. Depends on how active my kiddies are and if we decide to go to the beach or not. Plus, I am feeling a bit run down today, runny nose, cough, scratchy throat. As my mother would say, "That's 'cause you went in the pool and the water was only 72 degrees".....AND, we have dinner out at the Chinese Buffet with some friends of the family who are in NY visiting.

I am also nearly out of solid sock yarn. This may require a trip to the yarn shop. I ordered some Lorna's Laces but that hasn't come in yet and I think the solid one that I got, peach, isn't available even though the website said it was in stock so I'll have to wait 8 weeks on that. I mean, how am I going to try fair isle without extra solids? We'll see....

Well, time for some aspirin and tea and finishing the foot. Take one more quick look so you'll remember where I am with this until next time...
Update later!

Keep in mind, although I'm getting this sock done, I had another Wallaby mishap (NOT A WOUND!!) and I'm still in the same place as I was a week ago...plus, that poncho is itching to get started...lotsa work to be done. The basement will stay a mess for a long, long time....

No comments: