Short Track Medal

Short Track Medal
Yahoo!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Fourth of July

Every year for the past five years, we have gone to our friend's house for a Block Party. We met Beth and Bobby in 2003 because we enrolled our infants in the same day care. They are wonderful people and we always look forward to the Block Party.

This year, the coldest Fourth of July that I can remember, we had a great time. The sky looked like this:
I think there was some thunder. Later, it came down in buckets but that didn't stop the festivities! I was freezing though. I don't know what the temperature was but I had on a fleece and I was inside for part of the party guarding my tots from the electrical storm and the fireworks. Keep in mind, I am NEVER cold!


After it stopped raining, there were pony rides and a small petting zoo. Even the little goat enjoyed himself.













The weather never got nice. Even the Jones Beach Fireworks had to be cancelled. The 8-10 foot waves were too much for the barge which was bringing the show out from NY Harbor. It would've just been too unsafe. Oh well. It stinks when a holiday is on a Wednesday all around, doesn't it?
Today, the Fifth of July, was a little holiday for me. Double Lace Ribbing socks are tout fini! They're a tad small for my flippers and were to be a gift for a person with normal sized feet. You like?

Pattern: Double Lace Ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks. Yarn: Socks that Rock: Scottish Highlands Needle: Knitpicks Options size 1, (2.50m) Magic Loop Method. 7.5 sts per inch.
Just when I thought it was safe, this arrived in the mail today!
l to r:
Austermann Stop #28, Lorna's Lucky Stripe and Douglas Fir. STR, Ruby Slippers and Lucy in the Sky.



I am considering making the Jaywalkers out of the Austermann. Douglas Fir which is beautiful may be The Keyboard Biologist's Here There Be Dragons Socks, we'll see. So, it's only 7:10 PM...I can actually knit tonight. I think the kids are wiped from yesterday's party.
Maybe I will wind the Austermann into two balls and knit two jaywalkers at the same time and hope that the stripes match? That's what's scaring me...I am such a nut and I am really unsure how well the stipes will match up.....
Stay tuned for an update!!

No comments: